In the beginning, as we were developing our standards, we quickly realized “What a company stands for is as important as what it sells.” I guess that is why we are naturally drawn to organizations that are known as much for their values as for their products and services.
Good businesses give back. Our conservation projects are our way of giving back. Every year we support a specific humanitarian/conservation project.
Some of our latest highlights:
- A well built in a Malawi village to provide clean safe drinking water
- 5 miles of fencing built to keep northern bay terrapins within their nesting grounds and off the roads. “Building a fence. The only thing that makes any sense”
- A reef ball and educational facility built in Turks and Caicos for reef restoration and habitat reform. “Reef Ball Restoration Project 2012”
- Donation at the silver level for the Coral Restoration Foundation. “Coral Restoration Foundation: Coral Head Sponsor”
- During World Water Week we raised funds partnering with the Hilton Foundation (doubling our donation) to drill 8 bore holes in Tanzania for clean drinking water
More Conservation Efforts and Thoughts:
- The Great Hammerhead Study – Ongoing
- Great Bay Terrapin Foundation – 2014
- Earth Day is April 22nd
- My Best Diving Trip
- Memberships and Accreditations